11.15.2012

On Equality and Americanism.

Sometimes, I wonder why our definition of "civilized" is so twisted. I mean, we have to label people as guys/girls. Why?? Like, what's it matter that HE said that or SHE did this. I mean, does it make that much of a difference if someone is a girl or a boy? If we really want both genders to be truly equal, then the English language has to get rid of masculine and feminine subjects. Yeah, I don't know what would replace it, but pretty much anything would be more beneficial to reaching equality than where we are now.

Right?

I can't be the only one who thought of this. The fact that the language of English has to evolve in order for it to remain very much an "alive" language is not news. It will just take someone really devoted to this to make this change.

On a tangent, France has (semi-)recently removed the word "mademoiselle" from its language, due to people protesting that there are two choices for females, and only "monsieur" for males. I wonder if America will ever take France's lead...

Cheers. 

Destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment