12.02.2012

gettin' things done.

Almost finalized with my schedule. Just have to do some paperwork tomorrow to completely finalize things.
Homeschooling next semester.. which ends at the end of January..

So. Basically, my subjects:

Math. This will be finishing my Saxon Advanced Math curriculum (I have ~30 lessons left. So, 1/3 of the semester dedicated to that. Plus, I have bunches of tests to complete. Add two weeks for that.. yeah) and self-studying Calculus for the CLEP test. I'll do that sometime this summer, plus with MIT Openware I could possibly skip Calc 2 at the U, too. But idk how solid my math stuff would be if I did that.
Chemistry. I'd basically study with Apologia Chemistry, doing about a chapter a week (therefor finishing the book in the semester). I'd do the SAT Chemistry and CLEP Chemistry tests.
English. This one is the hardest. First off, I have some practice MCA-Reading tests before the real thing in March. Otherwise, I have Spelling, Grammar, and Vocab; plus, I have more time to read(!) and I could study a novel in-depth for a quarter (the first one would be The Scarlet Letter, where I would read and do study guides, and conclude with watching the movie). Yup.
French. This one is a little more tricky. I have to finish out the Holt curriculum (that's what I was using this past year-and-a-half), and I can do more literature and stuff. On Fridays, I'll learn a little Malayan French. I'll come back to this.
Elective - Computer Programming. This class meets at the school and is 8-9:30 MWF. I like it.
Social Studies- I'd do a language study. Doing an intro to a few languages that pique my interest, AKA Gaelic, Italian, German, Latin, and maybe Norwegian. I'd test this with crossword puzzles and online assessments.

Mhm. Sounds fun.

Cheers.
Destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment